Financial Literacy Workshops & Webinars
We value personal financial education and work with local and national partners to deliver it to those who need it most.
If you are interested in personal finance workshops or webinar for your students, staff or clients, we welcome the opportunity to further our mission. Our curriculum focuses on the following themes:
- How To Budget
- How To Save An Emergency Fund
- How To Pay Down Debt
- How To Set Financial Goals
- How To Improve Your Credit Report And Score
To find out how your group can work with InCharge on a financial literacy workshop, please contact Shawn Walsh at email@example.com.
Homebuyer Education Workshops And Webinars
InCharge Debt Solutions has also been approved by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide pre and post-purchase housing counseling, foreclosure prevention and homebuyer education.
This HUD-approved course includes instruction in the financial and practical aspects of buying and maintaining a home. The consumer will learn about:
- Credit Requirements for obtaining a home
- Creating a budget and savings strategy
- Debt-to-Income Ratios and how they impact your mortgage readiness
- Availability of mortgage loan and down payment assistance programs in the community
Please note, our classes are offered on the 2nd and 3rd Saturday of each month.
Financial Literacy Workshops for Habitat For Humanity
InCharge provides a free 7-week workshop to all Orlando Habitat homeowners, before they take ownership of their homes. These workshop emphasize budgeting, saving and planning for common homeownership expenses. Habitat workshops are not open to the public, but the Habitat financial literacy workbooks can be downloaded and used by financial literacy educators, free of charge. These materials are designed for low-literacy learners.
Credit Counseling and Financial Literacy Workshops
We believe that education is essential to promoting financial fitness, we provide workshops to many organizations including, schools, employers, military members, banks, and credit unions. During our workshops we discuss:
- Credit and Debt
- Designing a Spending Plan
- Understanding and improving your credit score
- Develop a Savings Strategy
- Attitudes About Money
- Importance of building your 401k plan
- Review your financial situation to provide you with options
Below is a partial listing of organizations where we perform financial literacy workshops.
- A Gift For Teaching
- Junior Achievement of Central Florida
- Second Food Harvest
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida
- American Red Cross
- Habitat for Humanity
- Middle School AVID Programs
The Teach Money financial literacy workshops are designed to help teachers learn financial literacy concepts for themselves and how to incorporate these concepts into their teaching. InCharge provides Teach Money workshops to colleges throughout Central Florida, including the University of Central Florida and Brevard College. Teach Money workshops have also been delivered at national financial literacy conferences for educators including the Jump$tart National Educator Conference and the Annual Conference on Financial Education.