InCharge Debt Solutions also does business as “InCharge.”
Arizona residents: InCharge Debt Solutions (formerly Profina Debt Solutions) is NOT A LOAN COMPANY.
Delaware, Colorado, and Rhode Island Residents: Establishment of a plan may adversely affect the individual’s credit rating or scores. Nonpayment of debt may lead creditors to increase finance and other charges or undertake collection activity, including litigation.
Illinois Residents: We do not lend money. InCharge® Debt Solutions, 5750 Major Blvd, Suite 300 Orlando FL 32819
Indiana Residents: We do not lend money. InCharge® Debt Solutions, 5750 Major Blvd, Suite 300 Orlando FL 32819
Maryland Residents: The Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland will accept all questions or complaints from Maryland residents regarding InCharge Debt Solutions (License # 14-4) at 500 North Calvert Street, Room 402, Baltimore, Maryland 21202, phone 1-888-784-0136.
Michigan Residents: InCharge Debt Solutions is licensed in the state of Michigan. See additional disclosures for Michigan residents below.
Mississippi Residents: InCharge Debt Solutions (formerly Profina Debt Solutions) is a Licensed Debt Management Service Provider
Nevada Residents: For a listing of InCharge Debt Solutions’ Officers, please click here
New York Residents: InCharge Debt Solutions is licensed by the New York State Department of Financial Services. InCharge® Debt Solutions, 5750 Major Blvd, Suite 300 Orlando FL 32819
Oregon Residents: InCharge Debt Solutions is registered by the State of Oregon (registration# DM-80015)
Tennessee Residents: Using a debt-management plan may make it harder for the individual to obtain credit.
Utah Residents: Using a debt management plan may make it harder for an individual to obtain credit.
Vermont Residents: InCharge Debt Solutions is licensed by the Department of Banking, Insurance, Securities, and Health Care Administration.
Virginia Residents: InCharge Debt Solutions is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission. Our license number is DC-19.
InCharge® Debt Solutions
5750 Major Blvd, Suite 300
Orlando FL 32819
*Additional Disclosures for Michigan Residents: Our license number is 0010565.
Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS): 877-999-6442 (Toll-Free)
DIFS Address: 530 W. Allegan Street, 7th Floor, Lansing, MI 48933
(1) When a licensee establishes a debt management plan for a debtor, the licensee may charge and receive an initial fee of $50.00.
(2) A licensee shall attempt to obtain consent to participate in a debt management plan from at least 51%, in number or dollar amount, of the debtor’s creditors within 90 days after establishing the debt management plan. If the required consent is not actually received by the licensee, the licensee shall provide notice to the debtor of the lack of required consent and the debtor may, at its option, close the account. If the debtor decides to close the account, any unexpended funds shall be returned to the debtor or disbursed as directed by the debtor.
(1) A contract between a licensee and debtor shall include all of the following:
(a) Each creditor to which payments will be made and the amount owed each creditor. A licensee may rely on records of the debtor and other information available to it to determine the amount owed to a creditor.
(b) The total amount of the licensee’s charges.
(c) The beginning and termination dates of the contract.
(d) The principal amount and approximate interest charges of the debtor’s obligations to be paid under the debt management plan.
(e) The name and address of the licensee and of the debtor.
(f) Any other provisions or disclosures that the director determines are necessary for the protection of the debtor and the proper conduct of business by a licensee.
(1) In addition to the fee described in section 13(1), a licensee may charge a reasonable fee for providing debt management services under a debt management plan. The fee under this subsection shall not exceed 15% of the amount of the debt to be liquidated during the express term of the plan.
(2) A licensee may offer a debtor the option to purchase credit reports or educational materials and products, and charge a fee to the debtor if the debtor elects to purchase any of those items from the licensee. Fees charged under this subsection are not subject to the 15% limitation on fees described in subsection (1).
(3) Except for a cancellation described in subsection (4), in the event of cancellation of or default in the performance of the contract by the debtor before its successful completion, a licensee may collect $25.00 in addition to any fees and charges of the licensee previously received by the licensee. This $25.00 fee is not subject to the 15% limitation on fees and charges under subsection (1).
(4) A contract is in effect when it is signed by the licensee and the debtor and the debtor has made a payment of any amount to the licensee. The debtor has the right to cancel the contract until 12 midnight of the third business day after the first day the contract is in effect by delivering written notice of cancellation to the licensee. A cancellation described in this section is not subject to, and a licensee shall not collect, the fee described in subsection (3).
(5) If a debtor fails to make a payment of any amount to a licensee within 60 days after the date a payment is due under a contract, the licensee may, in its discretion, cancel the debt management contract if it determines that the plan is no longer suitable for the debtor, the debtor fails to affirmatively communicate to the licensee the debtor’s desire to continue the plan, or the creditors of the debtor refuse to continue accepting payments under the plan.
(6) A licensee shall not contract for, receive, or charge a debtor an amount greater than authorized by this act. A person that violates this subsection, except as the result of an inadvertent clerical or computer error, shall return to the debtor the amount of the payments received from or on behalf of the debtor and not distributed to creditors, and, as a penalty, an amount equal to the amount overcharged.