Build Your Own Financial Education Conference
Don’t let a lack of travel dollars or scheduling barriers stand in the way of attending the year’s best financial education conference: Yours!
While nothing beats rubbing shoulders with colleagues and experts at panels and conference mixers, the next best thing can be had from your office: do-it-yourself professional development.
Clear an afternoon, get out a notepad and listen, learn and brainstorm how to better help people improve their financial capability.
Here’s some brain food to munch on:
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago & Visa’s 2017 Financial Literacy Summit
- Harnessing Innovation to Reshape Financial Literacy
- Expanding Equal Access to Financial Education Programs
- Bridging the Gender Gap
FDIC’s Economic Inclusion Summit, 2017: Strategies to Bring Consumers into the Financial Mainstream
This annual conference will be held this Wednesday.
- Insights from Research: Panelists from CFSI, JP Morgan Chase & FDIC
- Economic Inclusion Partnerships: Connecting financial knowledge and financial services with work, education, health and economic mobility opportunities.
Additional Resources for your DIY Conference
EverFi is offering a webinar on Tuesday, April 25 with an enticing title:
- Financial Literacy is Dead. Why Your Bank or Credit Union Should Stop Celebrating Financial Literacy Month Like it is 1999.
These are awesome. A great way to hear from people on the front lines of financial education for the next generation.
Article: Why Don’t Americans Save More
June: Check out Emerge’s Agenda
If you do have the time and budget, consider attending the Emerge Financial Health conference, June 14-16. The agenda and speakers look outstanding: the perfect intersection between financial education and innovative technology. This is the future of our industry. (Also, it’s in Austin which is another reason to attend.)
- The Consumer Opportunity
- Business Strategies that Work
- The Future of FinHealth