Invite the gang over to chow down a big bowl of hearty turkey chili. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, Mexican-style cheese, and cilantro.
- 1½ lb ground turkey
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 (28-oz) can tomatoes with their juice
- 1 (10.75-oz) can chicken broth
- 2½ cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup grated Mexican-style cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Chopped Cilantro (optional)
- In a large skillet, sauté turkey in 2 Tbsp oil for about 5 minutes, breaking up turkey with a fork as it cooks. Drain liquid. Transfer the turkey to a slow cooker.
- In the remaining oil, sauté onion for 4 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and broth; simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the beans.
- Pour over the turkey in the slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Stir in chiles, bell pepper, and cheese. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes on high. Spoon into bowls; serve with sour cream, salsa and cilantro.