Homeownership is a cornerstone of financial stability. At InCharge, we support the work of Habitat for Humanity by offering a free financial literacy course to those awarded Habitat homes.
We offer 10 week classes twice a year to new home owners. Each home owner must complete these financial literacy classes to fulfill their required sweat equity hours.
The topics we cover are:
- Welcome to financial literacy
- Designing your spending plan
- Budgeting and organizing your finances
- Attitudes about money
- Developing a savings strategy
- Understanding credit and debt
- Understanding insurance
- Saving for retirement
- Understanding financial pitfalls
- Saving for your home
***These classes are not open to the general public, they are hand selected by Habitat for Humanity through an application process.